Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's Personal: My First OGTT experience

Today I'll be sharing my personal experience about this test under "Chemistry" called "OGTT" which stands for "Oral Glucose Tolerance Test" according to my Doctor this is to test diabetes.

 oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT), a standard dose of glucose is ingested by mouth and blood levels are checked two hours later. The test is usually used to test for diabetesinsulin resistance, and sometimes reactive hypoglycemiaand acromegaly, or rarer disorders of carbohydrate metabolism. credits to: wikipedia

In this process I had to do fasting for 12 hours straight and no water intake, for the first 8 hours blood was extracted for the first sample and he missed it (as expected)  until veins in my right arm collapsed :(( T'was painful than normal and so the nurse had to do it again on my left arm this time.
right arm ;(

left arm
     and they gave me this glucose drink..

I swear it's really concentrated! Few sip and your throat will hurt coz of too much sweetness!
Good thing it doesn't have that awful smell of medicine or else I'll throw up! I've waited for an hour for the 2nd blood extraction and went sleepy and oh so starving!

poor arm and veins ;( 
 Here's my arm after four blood extractions! It should have been the last one but right before we leave the hospital, the nurse called me for ANOTHER extraction.. YES another one again!! I almost cry out of frustration.
The Final act. lol
 Since they went overboard on my left arm they need to extract me on my hand which is by the way, freaking painful!
After enduring all this hell I had to reward my self a good food, after all it's freaking half  the day that I had to starve my self! 
Got me One Dozen yow! ;D

YUM :)



2 comments :

  1. Those Krispy Kreme donuts, though!!
    I hope youre better now. Scary what you had to go through :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? :((
      But yeah thanks to those krispy kreme I felt better right after. :)
      Thanks for your concern sissy :*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...